Peaceful Winter Scenes

Hi Everyone!

We certainly had interesting weather this weekend!  It was unbelievably warm on Saturday but rainy all day and then Sunday had sun but was cold, lol.  It was my intention to go ice skating on Sunday, and I did go to the Bushnell Park, however it was so windy and cold that I just gave up that idea.  It was like a wind tunnel.  There were alot of people there though.  If you want to skate, you need to do it in the next two weeks because it shuts down February 1.

Since I didn't skate, I went off to find other places to photograph:


The Connecticut River is covered with ice.....this was taken this past Sunday and the ice was beginning to break up.  Pay close attention to the bridge that you see in the background.



Here's another photograph of the river where I chose to get more creative by taking the shot on an angle as a bird was flying by.


Remember the bridge that you saw in the first photo?  Here it is seen from the road at one end of it.  I had no idea how to get to this bridge until I happened to see it as I was leaving.  When I worked downtown in one of the tall buildings, I could always see this bridge and noticed that sometimes the train was sitting on it.  I was told the train is put there whenever there is inclement weather so I don't think its operational anymore.  That and the fact, that I saw two people walking on it....my son was with me and wouldn't you know he wanted to walk on it too.  Needless to say, that was a no go, lol.

Enjoy!

Til next time,
K





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel