Warm Thoughts

Brrrr.....by now I think we must all be ready for the warmer weather.  Its been unbearably cold and I hope everyone is home and warm. 

I want to share some of my older pictures that I've taken in the warmer weather to help get your minds off of how cold it is.  These photos are also things that I'm looking forward to in the Spring and Summer.  Summer is by far my favorite season....my mind goes crazy with ideas and I'm always out with the camera.  The days are longer, there are beautiful sunsets and more people are out and about. For me, its like "What to shoot next?" lol.   So here are a few photos that will give you an idea of what I do in the warmer weather.


Something I love to do is go camping in Rhode Island and I go just about every summer... this place is known as Dutch Point Island.  Its a little island that is located right off of Jamestown.  Its close enough to Jamestown that you can canoe to it, however the water is rather choppy, so that's not something I have dared to venture yet, lol.



These shots were taken during a soccer game for 5 and 6 year olds. Its great when the weather is clear and warm out.  On this particular day, I was practicing motion shots.  My beautiful niece is always a pleasure for me to photograph. You may have seen her on my website. :)



 These were taken in Maine this past July.  I spent 3 glorious days on the beach.  The weather was extremely hot, which I was very surprised at because I figured for sure I was going to get some sort of reprieve from the heat wave happening at home.  However, it was about 100 degrees each day.  The beach was packed.  When I wasn't in the water myself, I took lots of candid shots such as these. Many people were riding the waves.  The little girl had run away from her dad and was trying to catch a wave herself, she was adorable.

I have just heard we can expect to see 50 degree weather this weekend.  Yay!!!  It will feel like 70 to us after the negative figures we've been getting.  It may rain too but I'll take that any day over the frigid temps.  It also means I will be out and about so if you see me feel free to say hi!

Til next time,
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel