Wethersfield Cove



Last week, the weather was still on the dismal side but the temperature was bearable so I went down to the Cove in Wethersfield.  Surprisingly, I wasn't the only one down there but I was the only one out there with a camera.  I imagine those that were there were wondering what on earth could I have been photographing?  I can't blame them because at first nothing really caught my eye.  I've been down to the Cove a few times but its usually during the summer so everything looked very different.  At first all I saw were the birds hunting for fish and I wasn't too interested in that.  I turned to the left and saw a structure that I didn't recall seeing before.  I'm sure its always been there but most likely I've never noticed because the trees were covering it and I'm usually focusing on the water activity.  This is what I saw......




Take a moment and double click on the sign above that gives you a little background history into the Cove. Its really very interesting.  The structure that you are seeing is the last of the six maritime warehouses that were on the Cove from the 1690's.  It was originally located on the waterside but moved up on the hill after being damaged from flooding in the 1930's.  The structure is owned by the Town of Wethersfield but leased by the Society.  If you are interested in learning more or seeing the structure, contact the Town for more information on the tours that are conducted there.

Til next time,
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel