Lighthouse Point


Hi All!

I was out at Lighthouse Point and it was beautiful! This is the first shot I took as I was approaching the lighthouse.  The lighthouse first opened in 1847.

A carousel built in 1916 is located behind the lighthouse .  It runs and can be rented for private parties.   It would be a great spot for a child's birthday party.  There is also a huge playscape for kids to play on.

There is also a pavilion nearby to hold private functions.  On this day, the pavilion was being set up for a wedding.

Its too bad that no one is able to go up into the lighthouse because I would have loved to have gotten a shot from the top!

A few people had arrived early and were strolling about enjoying the scenery.  I took these two photos from out on the rocks that extended into the water.   As you can see its the perfect spot for couples to spend quality time and take pictures.



These two appeared to be on a shoot.  The photographer was taking many pictures of her around the lighthouse.  I wondered if he was shooting with a Canon or Nikon, lol.



These two little girls were just too cute.  They ran around and just played for awhile.  They were the only children that I saw.  They stayed on the grass, held hands, and ran around in their beautiful little dresses oblivious to anything and everything around them.  It was nice to see children happy and playful without a care in the world.



If you like birds, there are plenty to watch.  I sat out on the rocks for a bit and watched them come and go.  This bird flew right past me  like I wasn't even there, lol.

Last, but not least, is the breathtaking view of the New Haven Harbor.  I took this shot while I was sitting in the sand looking at seashells below the lighthouse. 




  If you haven't had the opportunity to go to Lighthouse Point, make sure you get there at some point this summer.  Its a beautiful park that kids as well as adults can enjoy.

Til Next Time,
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel