Memorial Weekend

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a fantastic Memorial Weekend!  My weekend was very good, with the exception of brief periods of rain.

Let me share with you two spots I visited.  The first place is a revisit....the Wethersfield Cove.  A few months back I was there and it was cold and snow was still on the ground.  I was on the highway and I could see thru the trees a bit to see that people were down there so guess what?  Off the highway I went on one of my "adventures".

It was probably about two hours til sunset so many were arriving to go fishing.  Some were at the boat launch ready to get out on the water and others had their gear and were standing or sitting and fishing for a bit by themselves.

These two were true fisherman.  They had all their gear and judging by everything they had I'm almost certain it was a good evening for them.  There's nothing better than catching up with your best pal while doing something you both enjoy.
Unfortunately, I missed both afternoons that were free admission.  There was a grand reopening that was held over the holiday weekend.  Earlier this year, the warehouse had been burglarized and vandalized and temporarily not open to the public.
Below is one of my favorite pictures.  I like to fish so I could appreciate the person sitting quietly by himself. After I took this shot, I went on the other side of the warehouse and saw that more people had pulled up to fish.  This probably was the last few minutes of "alone" time this person had, lol.





From there I headed to the Comstock Bridge in East Hampton.  I'd never been there before but have been trying to get out there to photograph it.  The bridge was built in 1840 and crosses over the Salmon River.  The bridge is one of only 3 remaining covered bridges in Connecticut and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

The bridge is for walking over only.  There were people that were fishing from a couple of the windows on either side, however, there isn't any lighting inside.

This is the view of the entrance of the bridge.  As I kid, when traveling I always loved going through tunnels and walking through brought me back to those times, minus the car, lol.








I may go back out here again this summer and go fishing.  The river itself is very long so there are plenty of quiet spots for fishing. :)

Til next time,
K

Comments

  1. I saw a covered bridge this past week as I was driving home from New York. I think it was the West Cornwall Bridge. And I thought to myself, I bet that Kym would like to photograph here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that just may very well be my next place! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel