Southford Falls

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe its the end of summer and the kids are back in school!  Time flies when you're having fun :)  Its been a very busy last couple of weeks for myself.  My son just started high school and I've been trying to get a lot in for the end of the summer.  Last weekend I was at Southford Falls in Southbury, CT.

I must tell you that I didn't photograph any of the falls because unfortunately its been pretty dry so there wasn't much flowing water.  But, to my great surprise, as I was walking the trails I came across a covered bridge!  As most know about me, I LOVE covered bridges....so I was like a little kid when I saw it.  Take a look....

I had no idea the bridge was there until I saw it from an opening in the path.  There is also a trail that leads to it so.....












Inside the bridge I went, lol.  There were a few people that were there because you can fish for trout from the bridge as well.  A few kids were running back and forth over it too.  On the other side of the bridge are picnic tables and grills, which I thought was pretty cool because if you caught any trout you could make a good lunch or dinner right there, lol.














Another cool spot was the bridge that you walk over when you first get there.  I loved the reflection I captured.  See for yourself....


Later, when I returned back to this bridge there were people fishing off of it.  I cannot even begin to tell you how peaceful this park was.  I could have stayed here all day.  I did walk one of the trails but didn't go all the way through mostly because it was so humid. There is also a pavilion there to hold family events and gatherings.  A family was there this particular day having a reunion so I pretty much stayed on the end closer to the falls.  I wish it hadn't been so dry because it would have been really nice to capture the falls with roaring water.  I hope to capture it another time.  Fall is coming and I have a good feeling this is a great spot to capture the fall colors and reflections so stayed tuned

I wonder if some of you might do me favor....if you have a spot that maybe you haven't seen and would like to see or maybe you have a favorite spot that you love, shoot me an email and let me know and I'll go see it and see what I come up with.  Let's turn it into a cool project and see some great places!  Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Til next time,
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel