The Change of Seasons: Saying Goodbye.....and Hello

Hi Everyone,

I woke up the other morning and got a good realization that summer is really gone.  Lately as I've been out and notice the leaves beginning to change, I remember how beautiful the fall really is.  I'm not fond of the cold by any means but I can't hide the fact that I do enjoy the beauty of the seasons changing. 

As a kid, summer was always my favorite because I loved the heat, the sun and all the things I could get into.  Summer symbolized school vacation and what seemed like many lazy days ahead.  It meant getting up early, riding my bike all day, hanging out with friends and only stopping at home to eat.  As a small child, time was never ending.....not flying by as it does when you get older, lol.  Even though I didn't care for colder weather, I often enjoyed little perks such as drinking hot chocolate with marshmellows and hot cider with cinnamon sticks.  I may not have been outside as much as other children in the neighborhood during the cooler months but I have many memories of being wrapped up in a warm blanket, watching movies and gazing at the stars outside.  Occasionally, I'd put on my snowsuit and would even go sledding.  I had one of the old fashioned sleds, you know, the heavy ones made with wood and metal.....what I call the "real" sleds, lol.  Now as an adult, fall and winter months symbolize star gazing, watching movies, baking delicious meals and desserts, taking the time to work on crafts that I don't have time to do during the summer, and of course finding beautiful places and people to photograph.  What does it mean to you?

I want to share some of the beauty of  the summer, fall and winter.  Think about what you have done this summer and what you want to do as we head into the cooler months.  Remember, reflect, and look forward to what is ahead....all is not lost.







We'll be at the beach again soon.....I had a fantastic time in the sun!

There was a lot of water action at Silver Sands State Park & Beach.  Make sure you catch it next summer, if you haven't been there yet!




I love to hear the roar of the waves as they come in.








Ahhh, the lazy, peaceful days....grab a good book!







A colorful scene at Rose's Berry Farm in Glastonbury, CT.  Make sure you get there and have some of their delicious cider.




I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some pumpkin pie.....

And last but not least, let's not forget all the beautiful lights we'll see......




Til next time,
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel