This Thing Called Life....

HI Everyone,

I know, I know its been awhile. My apologies...I could give a million excuses but the truth of the matter is I lost sight of my passion.  I've experienced many changes, both personal and professional, in the last year....some very good and some not so good.  My original plan for myself has changed.  I have missed shooting and writing.  Its a part of me and I realize that not doing either one just doesn't feel right so here I am....to stay.

I started out on this journey not really knowing what direction I was headed in.  I know I have a flair for writing and I love to take pictures.  My head is constantly thinking and creating, however, I let things in everyday life get in the way of what I want to do...what I NEED to do.

I'll never be a wedding or portrait photographer.....never, ever.  I just don't have it in me to do posed shots.....I find no excitement there.  I don't knock other photographers, that is their passion and some are extremely good at it.  It simply isn't mine.  I want to express myself as me.  I am completely relaxed shooting animals, wildlife, landscapes and candids.  That is me and what I'm all about.  I love to research things, write about it and then provide the visuals.  I like to write about my excursions and how I felt about them.  I like to take a peek into everyone's story, whether its an older person or children.  I like to just be me and see where I go....the sky is the limit.

 I took these over the summer just because they intrigued me.....an elderly woman, a happy couple playing together and a young child, hesitant to go in the water.




Here is some of my latest work....I love animals.  I cannot even begin to express how passionate I am about them.  I have grown up all my life with animals, its very odd when there isn't one in my life.  They are like my kids.  All they want from you is your love and they will love you unconditionally.



Meet Cane.....he's the sweetest dog.  You look into his eyes and you forget that he is a dog. How could anyone not love that face?  Cane is relatively new to me but will sit with me and keep me company.  I truly enjoy him.
Next, meet Poo....he's quite the interesting character.  He's a bit skiddish and shy.  One fast move and he's outta there, lol. I'm amazed I was able to get this picture of him.  I figure I am a bit to animated for him and when he's not running from me he is watching me from a distance, waiting to see what I'm going to do next.  Sometimes he is bold enough to walk over to me and rub his face against my leg.  Other times he will throw himself on the floor pretending he would like a tummy rub so he can scratch me.  (He's gotten me real good a few times, too).  Lol, he's a different kind a cat but I love him just the same.

Last but not least, is my best bud Tristan...Tristan is no longer with me but he was the best cat.  I cannot tell you how much I miss him.  Tristan greeted me at the door when I came home.  He would lay next to me when I was sick and would play with me when he knew I wasn't in the best of spirits.  He gave tons of kisses and acted more like a dog than a cat. He loved the camera, as you can see.  This picture was captured one day when I pulled out the camera and he just flipped over as if to say "capture me!" so I did and this was the result. He is truly missed but I will forever have this moment.

I hope you will continue on this journey with me......let's talk, laugh, cry and see where this road goes!

Til next time,
K


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel