The Lavender Pond Farm


Hi Everyone!

I want to take you away to a special place in Killingsworth....The Lavender Pond Farm.  

I went there thinking I was going to find an entire lavender field to go through and I was completely wrong.  The farm is set up so that you drive one way in and one way out, which is great for parking and the flow of traffic since you are free to walk all over the entire farm.  You can even just drive right thru for a short scenic drive.  There is a souvenir shop to your left as you drive in and the lavender field is to your right.  In the field, there are trees, a gazebo and also a small picnic area with about 4 tables.  The lavender is set up in sections and within those sections are brick walkways to walk thru.  It's a stunning set up with a really cool enlarged chess set in the middle, complete with benches to sit on.

When you walk further up there is the pond with a trail that runs around it.  Upon entering the trail and just before you walk over the small bridge there is a little sweet introduction on a stand alone plaque that advises you to look close because you may see fairies.  I thought that was a cute and set the scene.  Walking further, I happened to look down and saw that there were small trinkets along the trail, there were wind chimes and a tree that had a little Welcome door on it  There was a magical feel in the air.  I walked more and there were the fairies!  Three little fairies were set up alongside the trail.  I smiled to myself and felt like a little kid in an enchanted forest.  It was a really nice touch.

To cross the pond, there is a beautiful covered bridge to walk through.  The bridge is well maintained and wide enough to allow many visitors with plenty of space.  On the other side of pond, there is a much smaller pond that had a lot of lily pads.  In this pond, I found the dragonflies.  Up close, they remind me of little people so I can never resist photographing them.  You can view them in the gallery link below.

Once you come full circle to where the trail begins, there are a number of trees that run along the pond to sit under.  There are also tree stumps that can be used to sit on.  Many people were sitting under the trees to have lunch and relax.  You are welcome to bring your own food and blankets.

The Lavender Pond Farm is a great place for couples and families.  I saw people of all ages and of course there is plenty of space to practice social distancing.  The farm is truly one of Connecticut's hidden gems and I can't wait to go back.  Make sure to click the link below and view the entire gallery!

Til next time!

K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rockville, Connecticut: The Hockanum Mills

The Anamet Complex, Waterbury, CT

The Pequabuck Tunnel